I have been intrigued by advertising and marketing since I was a kid. I have always loved the commercials on the radio and television. I can still remember corporate slogans, jingles and national campaigns that were on the air when I was in grade school.
I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Advertising and Marketing from Kansas State University in 1993 and started my advertising career at KSAL in Salina, Kansas shortly thereafter. I come from a small town background, growing up and graduating High School from just down the road in Herington, Kansas. In 2005 our family moved to Topeka where I get to work for two radio stations that I listened to growing up. One of my favorite memories is setting with my Dad listening to the Royals on Summer nights on WIBW 580-AM and back when I was young listening to Top 40 on then 97fm which of course is now the powerhouse top station in the market 94.5 Country WIBW-FM! I also love the fact that I can help my clients on our two state-wide networks the Kansas Agriculture Network and the Kansas Information Network.
In 2012 our company made the commitment to incorporate Digital Marketing tactics into our portfolio of how we can help our clients. In the beginning it was like drinking from a firehose…but we started off and continue with weekly training, because Digital Marketing has so many unique ways to directly target who you want your message to reach and it is ever changing. Our Digital Team moves and changes with it to make sure our clients have the best options available. Together the combination of Broadcast Radio and Digital marketing are unbeatable when used correctly.
What I do is “Create Customers” for you. My philosophy on advertising is… “Keep It Real & Be Relevant To The Consumer”. “People want to know what your product or service will do for THEM”. “They probably don’t care to hear about a list of what YOU have or what YOU do.” “They simply want to know what you can do for THEM, how you can do to make THEIR life better. And that’s what you need to tell them with your advertising.” I’ll tell you to have fun with your advertising; you have to do something that makes your business stand out from the rest! I am here to help you do just that!
When I’m not working coming up with great marketing ideas, you’ll either find me at softball practice or going to the gym with my kids, watching the Royals at Kauffman Stadium, watching the Wildcats play football and basketball, or at my most favorite place…at home spending time with my lovely wife Amy, sometimes my son Brett who is now in college, my beautiful daughter Payton, and my three rambunctious dogs, Cuppy (short for Buttercup), Gabby and Ribi! I am also a huge sports fan and sports memorabilia collector, especially baseball.
If you want your business to stand out from the rest and if you want creative advertising ideas that will work, call for an appointment with Tim today. You can reach Tim at 785-817-7296 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU EVER WANT TO PLAY “TIM TRIVIA”
HERE ARE SOME FACTS YOUR FRIENDS MIGHT NOT KNOW!
• Honored as one of Topeka’s Top 20 “Rising Stars” in 2008 by TK Magazine.
- Tim was honored by the Kansas Association of Broadcasters with the 2017 Mike Oatman Award. Annual award that selects one individual in the state of Kansas for outstanding achievement in Broadcast Marketing, Marketing Management, and mentoring others in Marketing Success!
- 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 Kansas Association of Broadcasters award winner for commercial writing.
• ADDY Awards won for commercials of Tim’s Clients in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 & 2019!
• Tim was honored with the Ron Stryker “Key Member Award” in 2015 by the Topeka Independent Business Association for his contributions and dedication to the organization!
- Tim is a finalist for the 2020 National Radio Mercury Awards for a commercial he put together with the Alpha Media Topeka Creative Team.
- Tim was honored with a “Top Dog” award given to team members of Alpha Media Corporate who go Above and Beyond in contributing to Alpha Media USA, Our Advertisers, The Community & Our Audience!
- “Advertising Intervention” Columnist for “TK” Topeka’s Business Magazine.
• Voted #3 top columnist in the State by Kansas Best 150.
• Tim and his son, Brett, earned their Black Belts in Tae Kwan Do in May 2012
• Won 1993 group advertising competition, sponsored by Macintosh Computers and The Big Eight Conference, as the group Media Planner.
• Tim is certified as a CPCC (Certified Professional Commercial Copywriter!)
• Tim is certified as a RMA (Radio Marketing Advisor)
• Past Chairman and member of the Greater Topeka Partnership Ambassadors.
• Participates in the K-State Business Executive Mentor Program
• Past Board Member of the Topeka Advertising Foundation
• Past Steering Committee Chairman for Topeka’s 20 Under 40 Honoree Recognition.
• Proud President and board member of the Topeka Catbackers!
• Member of Kansas State University’s Advertising Club.
• Founding Father of the Kansas State University Chapter of Delta Chi.
- Kansas State University Delta Chi Alumni Board of Trustees.
- Past Board Member of Salina Big Brothers/Big Sisters and a Big Brother.
- Past Member of Salina Big Brothers/Big Sisters Public Relations committee.
- Past Ambassador for the Salina Chamber of Commerce.
- Coach youth sports through USSSA, SCABA, Sportszone, YMCA, and Salvation Army.
- Tim was dumb enough to swim with sharks on a trip to the Bahamas in 2017
- Tim’s Son’s Baseball Team, the Topeka Bulldogs, won the 2012 10U World Series!
• Tim is a huge fan of Walt Disney and is inspired by his creativity.
• Tim loves Reggae and Blues music!
• Tim was the manager for the women’s basketball team at Kansas State University when he was in college!
• Tim played football in Jr. College until he wrecked his car and broke all his ribs…ouch!